Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Beef Runza's

2 packages of crescent rolls
1 lb ground beef
1 square block of Velveeta cheese
1 can of rotel
(you can also add onions, seasoning, whatever else you think might work - I'm plain jane, so I haven't really experimented with anything else.)

Brown ground beef.
Drain.
Add Velveeta cheese and rotel.
Stir until it's all melted and mixed together.

Roll out the crescent rolls. (You will probably need 2 pans for this - and there is enough meat for 2 packages.)
Put the meat mixutre in the rolls and roll it up.

Bake for however long the crescent roll package says. (I think it was 13 minutes?)

These are really good!! We ate these the other night and I had leftovers for lunch. :)

5 comments:

Melisa said...

I am making this tomorrow. :o)

Melisa said...

Okay, apparently I need directions for the cooking inept. I'm guessing I should have drained the rotel because mine was pretty runny. And when you say roll out the crescent rolls, do you mean to have one big roll and do a jelly roll kinda deal? When I tried it breaking them into the 8 separate pieces, I couldn't get much in and it made huge messes. So then I tried it into 4 pieces and that worked better, but I'm wondering if I missed the whole point by dividing them at all. I'm thinking it pretty much needs to be in a square shape to make rolling easier because those triangles were crazy to roll.

How is it supposed to be done because apparently I didn't do it. ;o)

Melisa said...

The kids loved it even though it was ugly. :o)

Allison said...

Mine are messy too - but it's just us, so I don't try too hard! I put the mixture in the middle of the crescent, rolling the opposite 2 ends over the top. Does that make sense? And I did use all 8 pieces too.

Melisa said...

I used the leftover fillings with some extra corn tortillas I had from the soup. I mixed it and put it in the oven. It was pretty good!